Sunday, September 11, 2011

More Challenges

I managed to finish a couple of challenges before I leave on little vacation with my sisters.

First, the Moxie Fab Challenge:  Card Play  http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/09/next-challenge-in-moxie-fab-world-card.html
And it also fits the Crazy Challenge #83 Spots & Stripes 
http://crazychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/09/challenge-83-spots-and-stripes.html


I know I already sent my son and his fiance an engagement card, but I made this with them in mind and will send it anyway.  I stamped the unknown sentiment Love on a strip of acetate with Memento Paris Dusk.  The triangular pieces used to attach the acetate were stamped on white with SU Night of Navy and the holes colored with Sakura Stardust red gel pen.  The striped piece as well as the triangular pieces are from Stampendous called Belts and Buckles.  The red polka dot dp is a freebie digi.  The playing cards are from a real deck of cards.

Next I needed to make a couple of little boy birthday cards, one for my grandson and one for my great nephew who were born on the same day.  I incorporated the Crazy Challenge #83 Spots & Stripes  http://crazychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/09/challenge-83-spots-and-stripes.html into this one:


What little boy doesn't like helicopters?  This is from the Gina K Set Oh Boy! by Tami Mayberry.  The helicopter and sun were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Prismacolor markers then cut out.  I added Stickles in yellow on the sun for sparkle and sprayed the helicopter with Triple Thick clear spray.   Stamped the Sentiment with SU Night of Navy.  Used a strip of polka dot ribbon by Bo Bunny.  Layered on Blue Raspberry cs by Gina K, then added the buttons tied with floss.  I bought the dp at a LSS over a year ago.

Thanks for looking!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your interpretation of the challenge. Stamping the sentiment on acetate was a really good idea -- the surface of a playing card would probably be difficult to stamp on with most inks. Congrats on your son's engagement. :)

JJ Bolton said...

Love your 2 of hearts card! Love how you framed the top card with the back of another:)

Annette Allen said...

very cute cards...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sue! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)