Saturday, May 7, 2016

Just Us Girls #342 - Word Week

Sharyn is our hostess this week at Just Us Girls for Word Week and her Word that she has chosen is "Butterfly".  I know I have seen a lot of butterflies on cards lately and this Word is very timely since we will be seeing butterflies any time now, I hope!


Welcome to Aileen Ryan, our Guest Designer for May!  Come on over to JUGS to see some more butterfly creations by Aileen and the rest of the JUGS Design Team.


First of all, I can't take credit for the beautiful watercoloring on this card.  It's a pre-folded card from Concord & 9th!  I stamped the flourish in Memento Nautical Blue.  Die cut the butterfly from some slightly sparkly pink cardstock and glued just the body of the butterfly to the card base.  Adhered some gold foil to a double sided adhesive sheet then die cut the sentiment.  

Now it's your turn to show us your creations with butterflies!  You could be chosen as our next Chic of the Week and that would put you in the running at a chance to become our next Guest Designer!  Please limit your entries to 3.

9 comments:

Aileen said...

Sue beautiful card, mmmm didnt know there was a die cut for beautiful. Need to find it. love that butterfly die, looks so elegant with your watercolour background. beautiful

Chris Dring said...

Love those pre-made card bases, especially one as gorgeous as this one you used! I really love that you added the flourish to show movement for that pretty butterfly! Fabulous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow awesome pre colored paper! Goes perfect with your bfly

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the background and your added flourish. Perfect backdrop for your gorgeous butterfly! I didn't know about pre-made card bases. This one is really pretty.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the background and your added flourish. Perfect backdrop for your gorgeous butterfly! I didn't know about pre-made card bases. This one is really pretty.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous background! Love your butterfly flourish and gold sentiment. Beautiful!!! Sue

Bobby said...

I love the flourish under your airy butterfly, Sue. Gorgeous card!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE that butterfly die cut. I have not seen that one before. And the flourish behind it is perfect, gives a lot of movement, like the butterfly is flying. Beautiful card!

Nancy said...

I agree with Judy...the flourish gives the illusion that the butterfly is in flight! Pretty card Sue!